On Thursday I had orientation for my internship this semester. And you could say I'm a little bit excited about it.
I'm also petrified. It's fine.
I'm the special events intern/assistant for the Greater Gwinnett Championships. Which is a PGA Champions Tour event at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth. The course is in Sugarloaf Country Club, and these houses are quite possibly the biggest ones I've ever actually seen in person. I will be taking pictures of some of then on my next adventure through the neighborhood. It's ridiculous.
But I digress.
I'm one of three interns and everyone I work under is young, which will definitely make things a lot more fun. At orientation I got the full DL on how everything is going to work this semester and that's when excited and terrified Caley emerged all at once.
Things I'm excited about:
- Being on such a beautiful golf course all the time
- Being around golf all the time
- Learning how to plan sports-related events
- Fun times with co-workers
- The week of the tournament!! (Details later)
- Feeling like a real adult
-Looking nice more often
Things that have me on edge:
- The 6AM wake-up call two days a week
- The pressure
- Being the only poor person in the neighborhood
- Feeling stupid
- Looking stupid
- Not living up to expectations
- Having absolutely no down time this semester
-Attempting to dress myself every day
I'm sure there's more. But I'm just so overwhelmed by the whole thing and attempting to figure out my weekly routine, that I'm not sure how things are gonna go down.
So I'll be trying to do weekly updates on my internship and how I'm dealing with the struggle of life.
So here's to the most beautiful golf course I've ever stepped foot on!
Any advice from y'all that have conquered the intern world??